In a particularly windy day, Denmark last Friday managed to generate 140% of its daily electricity consumption only through wind power.

In a particularly windy day, Denmark last Friday managed to generate 140% of its daily electricity consumption only through wind power.
Till last week Thursday Danish wind farms were already producing 116 percent of the daily energy needs of the country. However, production reached a historic peak: with windy conditions recorded in the early hours of Friday morning was reached to 140 percent, reports The Independent.

A European Country Produced 140% of its Electricity Needs with Wind Power
A European Country Produced 140% of its Electricity Needs with Wind Power (Reference image).

80 percent of the energy surplus was sent equally to Germany and Norway and the remaining 20 percent was destined to Sweden.

In the opinion of Oliver Joy, representative of the European Wind Energy Association, “this means that a world that covers 100 percent of its energy needs exploiting renewable energy is no longer a fantasy.”

In Denmark the field of wind energy has a crucial state support. Furthermore, the Scandinavian country is one of the world leaders in the field of renewable energies.

Source: Rt.com